Experienced divorce lawyers in Caterham, Surrey
We have extensive experience in all aspects of divorce and family law, including:
- Out of court settlements
- Same-sex relationships
- International divorce cases
- Judicial separation
- Civil partnership
- Pensions on divorce
- Separation agreements
Divorce mediation and divorce advice near Whyteleafe
We can offer advice around all areas of divorce in Caterham. This is an major life event and can be very stressful and have a far-reaching impact on the whole of the family if it is not dealt with properly. We offer divorce advice consultations, so we can help you to understand your legal options. We can give you the practical help and advice you need to succeed from the beginning of the process, right to the end.
Many people want to come to an agreement about their financial affairs and families but cannot do this without independent help. Mediation is a way of resolving these issues. The aim is to reach an divorce agreement, whether this relates to a financial settlement or arrangements for your children. A financial agreement reached at mediation is not legally binding. However, with our help we can advise you once an agreement is reached on the preparation of a draft Order which reflects the financial agreement you have reached. This can be reviewed by the Court and, if approved, will become legally binding and enforceable. This is now one of the most common ways to handle divorce and is generally the quickest and most cost-effective option. Read our blog on how to get a clean break from divorce.
We offer advice, guidance and support around other issues, including:
- Co-habitation Agreements: Unmarried couples in England and Wales have no legal rights if they separate. Without a cohabitation or living together agreement or contract, one could be left with nothing. This contract can be drawn up to suit both parties.
- Change of Name: There are a variety of situations which may lead you to decide to change your name or that of your children. Although this is something many people do themselves, our solicitors will be able to offer you expert advice and support about the process.
- Family Law Act: If you are faced with domestic violence, coercive control, harassment or abuse, our family law solicitors can offer help and legal advice. Depending on the situation, we will offer advice about injunctions and how to obtain one. There are two types of injunction: A Non-Molestation Order and an Occupation Order and we can give you tailormade guidance around both of these, so you can safeguard your own welfare and that of your family
- Property Issues: If you are concerned around the legal implications of how the title of your family home is registered, we can assist. Issues we regularly offer advice around include the registration of Matrimonial Home Rights and severing a Joint Tenancy.
Why choose our CR3 quickie divorce lawyers?
The team at CSL has been guiding people through all aspects of family law and divorces for many years. When it comes to divorce, family breakdown and other issues we make the process as efficient and amicable as possible.
We will guide you through every stage of the process and will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. CSL Law is headed up by Clive Lawrance, who is a member of Resolution, formerly known as the Solicitors Family Law Association. He specialises in all areas of divorce law, quickie divorces and divorce settlements, including the resolution of financial matters. He heads up a team of specialist divorce lawyers and family lawyers, who are available to guide you through this challenging time. We are purposely a small team, so you will always speak to the same person.
We also provide legal support in the local areas including
Whyteleafe, Chaldon, Warlingham, and Woldingham