CSL Law Limited
Davis House
Robert Street
T: 0203 463 1300
F: 0203 463 1303
E: info@csllaw.co.uk

Contact, Residence And Parental Responsibility

When families separate, you may be unable to agree which parent your children should live with.  Whilst ideally this situation should be resolved, through negotiation, without involving the court, through negotiation, either you or your former partner can make an application to Court either for a Residence or a joint or shared Residence Order. 

If you cannot agree how often your children will see the parent who is not living with your children, otherwise known as access, then that parent can apply to Court for a Contact Order. 

If you have parental responsibility this means you are entitled to have a say on important decisions affecting your child’s upbringing, for example in relation to medical issues, education, religion or change of your child’s surname.

How we can help

Here at CSL Law we have extensive experience in advising on all aspects of residence, contact and parental responsibility.  We will provide realistic, practical advice as to how to resolve matters, trying to stop the situation becoming acrimonious so as to maintain family relations.  Our priority is to advise as to what is in the best interests of the child, and to deal with the matter as sensitively as possible.

Request a Callback
Email Address:

CSL has been a fantastic source of professional support in a difficult period for me and my rights as a father, I had a lot of advice and was always very much in tune with the procedure and any clarity that was needed was readily available, CSL is by all means a very capable firm in dealing with any and all family matters as they are courteous and understanding...I have recommended this name and firm to my friends and family, and can assure them that they will get the best professional help they can have at a very affordable cost