CSL Law Limited
Davis House
Robert Street
T: 0203 463 1300
F: 0203 463 1303
E: info@csllaw.co.uk

Child Maintenance

When relationships break down one of the issues which you will need to sort out is the amount of financial support the parent with whom your children live will receive from the other parent. 

It is possible for you to reach an agreement on the level of child maintenance that is paid in which case no one else needs to become involved. 

However, if it is not possible to reach an agreement then either parent can apply to the Child Maintenance and Enforcement Commission (CMEC) which was formally known as the Child Support Agency for a child maintenance assessment. 

If you are unmarried parents, it may be possible to apply for maintenance for your children under Schedule 1 of the Children Act.  The types of order that the court can make include maintenance orders, lump sums or transfer of property to provide a home for your child.  Again the court has a large number of factors which it considers before making this application.

How we can help:

Here at CSL Law we can provide you with honest advice and clear information on all aspects of child maintenance.  We can guide you through the process, of hopefully reaching an amicable agreement, or through the court process.

Request a Callback
Email Address:

CSL has been a fantastic source of professional support in a difficult period for me and my rights as a father, I had a lot of advice and was always very much in tune with the procedure and any clarity that was needed was readily available, CSL is by all means a very capable firm in dealing with any and all family matters as they are courteous and understanding...I have recommended this name and firm to my friends and family, and can assure them that they will get the best professional help they can have at a very affordable cost